You are preparing for your next vacation or holiday and, lucky for you, you’ve chosen to use a travel agent to assist you in booking your trip. I’m here to share with you what this means, and the peace of mind that comes with it. Here is the step-by-step guide to your next vacation using a travel agent.
Booking Your Vacation/Holiday
- Decide on a budget. It’s okay to leave some wiggle room for yourself, and consider what your budget will be used for. Is it for the entire trip start to finish? Is it hotel + flight only, not taking into account the money spent while you’re traveling? Be clear with your travel agent in this regard.
- Decide where you’d like to go, and if you don’t know where, tell your travel agent the type of vacation you’d like to take: beach, mountains, staying in the U.S., going overseas.
- Who is going with you? Are you taking a couples vacation, or is this for the entire family? Be clear on what you value in regard to sleeping situations.
- Provide passport information to your travel agent if you are traveling outside of the country.
- Insurance is something you will want to consider. While it isn’t 100% necessary, you will have piece of mind when booking your trip. Travel insurance is usually $99 per traveler.
Waiting For Your Vacation/Holiday
- Up until 24 hours before, your vacation or holiday is booked and you don’t have to do anything except plan your outfits, pack your luggage and get excited for your vacation.
- You will receive your final travel documents via email or postal mail within 30 days prior to departure. This is so that your travel agent has the most updated information to give you.
- When you receive your final travel documents, we recommend downloading your airline app onto your phone or device so that you can check your flight status, upgrade or choose your seats, buy additional luggage and check in for your flight within 24 hours before departure.
Enjoy Your Vacation
- Please check your flight confirmation code on your itinerary and use that code to check in. I recommend arriving to the airport 2.5-3 hours before.
- After you have checked in, checked your luggage, and boarded your flight, there is nothing more you need to do until you arrive in your destination. Some places you travel, you will need to fill out documents that they will give you on the airline during your flight. This isn’t always the case, however.
- When you arrive at your destination airport, you will be headed to find your airport transfer. This is AMSTAR and they are wearing RED SHIRTS. They will be expecting you. Sometimes people will try to get you to buy their transfer. Do not talk to them. They are not your people.
Do Not Forget!
Passport, Boarding Pass, Ink Pen